Giving regularly through your pay is a great way to support our community. Talk to your employer about your gift. Or, if you’re an employer – speak to us.
Payroll Giving is a quick, easy, and tax-efficient way for both employees and employers to give to a charity. You choose an amount you’d like to donate each month and we receive a tax-free donation direct from your salary.
You can give as much as you like and change or cancel your donation at any time simply by informing your payroll department.
Pennies from Heaven
Simply donate the pennies from your payslip to Southampton Hospitals Charity.
Earn £850.34, then you keep the £850 and donate 34p to Charity. The most you can ever give is 99p each time you are paid, and on average this works out as £6 per year.
Signing up to Pennies from Heaven is simple, easy, and effective! Small change really can make a big change to our hospital.
For employees of University Hospital Southampton, we already have this scheme set up, and all you need is your payroll number. Further information can be found on Staffnet. If everybody signed up, we could raise £75,000 a year to enhance the care, experiences and outcomes.
What are the benefits of Payroll Giving?
- It’s easy and convenient, coming straight from your salary.
- It’s tax-efficient and costs less to give more.
- Donation amounts can be changed or stopped at any time simply by informing your payroll department.
- Enhances your business’ charitable giving, with little effort or cost to you.
- Enables you to monitor the level of charitable giving that your business has helped achieve.
- Offers opportunity to gain recognition by attaining a Quality Mark Award, a Government award given to organisations who implement Payroll Giving.
Last updated: 10/3/2022