25 December 2019
This year we have been truly bowled-over by the support and patient gifts we’ve received from our local community and our local businesses.
We are so appreciative of your generosity for our patients throughout University Hospital Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, and Southampton Children’s Hospital. Your support has helped us to enhance the hospital experience for patients in small and big ways alike, and has created an impact that will last for a very long time.
Our thanks to:
- B&Q for donating the Christmas decorations in our main reception and setting up the displays for us.
- Numerous donations of advent calendars, chocolates and biscuits for patients and staff.
- Your donations through our Amazon wishlist for across our hospitals.
- Phil Ashby for organising the annual VW Santa run, delivering 14 cages of presents to our Piam Brown children’s cancer ward and Southampton Children’s Hospital.
- Aurora World Inc for donating new soft toys.
- Sophie’s Appeal for donating advent calendars and selection boxes.
- 17 Port and Maritime Regiment RLC, Marchwood.
- Foxhills Infants School for 54 selection boxes.
- Project Parent for 50 gift boxes for parents of children in hospital over Christmas.
- Creeate (Jersey) for some poo and emoji cushions, and unicorn cushions.
- Paulton’s Park for spreading some festive joy with Billy and Belinda the Christmas elves.
- Dave and his steam powered fairground organ playing around Shirley and Southampton.
- Childs Farm for their hampers. They delivered shampoo, conditioner, baby oil, DVDs and colouring books to young patients across children’s wards and the neonatal unit. And the team also gifted handwash to nursing staff and volunteers.
- The Cardiac Physiology students from University of Southampton for donating presents for patients.
- KidX for wrapping Christmas presents in exchange for a charitable donation.
- John Hawkins and the Twynham masonic lodge for donating Christmas presents.
- Charlotte Maidment and family who, for the third year running have donated gifts for our patients.
- Silver Lining Convergence for their Christmas grotto and presents for our E1 ocean ward for child cardiac patients.
- Fair Oak Infant School Council who chose Southampton Children’s Hospital to receive donations from their wonderful Christmas performances.
- Jeff McDonald for collecting £1,000 from staff at Prysmian Group for gift vouchers for children in hospital over Christmas.
- Haskins Garden Centre for donating 120 Christmas bears to ensure each child received a toy on Christmas Day.
- Leanne and Glen Attridge for collecting food from local stores, and donating it to our neonatal intensive care unit for the families and siblings.
- Colin McPhearson and his team at Southampton Social services for their gifts for the children’s emergency and trauma department.
Last updated: 26/12/2019