Help us celebrate the NHS 75th birthday
Since the NHS was founded on 5 July 1948, it has always innovated and adapted to meet the needs of each generation.
As we celebrate this milestone, we’re looking back on the history and achievements of our organisation, the recent innovations and technology that has changed how we provide care, the dedication of the hundreds of thousands of our staff, and the opportunities that lie ahead to shape the next 75 years of the health service.
It is time to celebrate our past, but more importantly, a time to think about a future where we continue to put patients first.
Celebrate this momentous occasion with us!
Whether you are an individual, business, local club or a team, everyone can get involved.
Register your interest for our NHS 75 pack below.
- June/July: Mission 75 – Do something or an action 75 times to raise £75 for the NHS’s birthday and support Southampton Hospitals Charity. The possibilities are endless.
- 3 July: Unveiling of memory of caring artwork in the main entrance of University Hospital Southampton to share the history of Southampton hospital and patient stories
- 3 July: Opening of our new staff rooftop garden at Princess Anne Hospital
- 5 July: Opening of our new dedicated staff wellbeing centre at University Hospital Southampton
- 5 July: NHS Big Tea – Hold a coffee morning for your NHS!
- 8 July: Southampton’s 5k inflatable run
- 8 July: Parkrun – take on a local Parkrun to support the NHS in our 75th year
- 9 July: Skydive for the NHS from 10,000 or 15,000 foot
More on these can be found on our news pages on the days of the events.