Support the heroes supporting us
Your generous gift won’t be used to pay for equipment and services the government has committed to funding.
Instead we’ll use it to:
- Boost staff morale.
- Support their mental health and wellbeing.
- Help where the need is greatest.
Through your donations, we are already making a difference by quickly responding to their immediate needs as requested by them.
- We’ve put together wellness packages including food supplies to boost staff morale.
- We’ve provided access to psychologists, and created mental health support information.
- 1,500 hand creams are helping staff experiencing dry skin as a result of hand sanitisers and constant hand washing.
- 65 coffee machines have been delivered for staff rehydration stations. We’ve had our first order of coffee delivered, and a large quantity of tea has been donated for the staff. We are in the process of securing milk, refreshments and paper deliveries which is especially important now that many of the shops and restaurants have closed on site.
- iPads for our Occupational Health colleagues enabling them to do interactive sessions with staff whilst remaining off site.
- Tablets for our staff so that they can connect safely with their loved ones at home whilst working long shifts or isolating themselves.
- We have also identified a safe space for staff, but the room needs remodeling in order to support their needs.
- Radios have been delivered for some coronavirus wards. Staff working on the wards have explained that radios will help patients during their isolated hospital stay, as well as boosting the morale of the staff working on the ward.
Read the most up to date information on what we have bought with your donations here…
Do something positive
Best of all, your gift will show just how much we all appreciate all our staff’s tireless work caring and protecting our community.
You’ll also be helping them provide an exceptional service over the coming weeks.
We believe they’re all heroes. If you do too, please donate to support them if you can.
Other ways you can help
We know these are uncertain times. And to get through them together we all need to follow expert advice from our NHS and government.
By making kind and sensible choices you can protect our local community and reduce demand for our services. Find out the latest guidance from the NHS.
Whether it’s making a donation or choosing to stay at home, thank you for your support. Your actions make an enormous difference and we really appreciate everything that you’ve done and continue to do for your local hospital.
Donate via one of the links below, or text
- NHSHEROES 3 to 70460 to donate £3
- NHSHEROES 5 to 70460 to donate £5
- NHSHEROES 10 to 70460 to donate £10
You’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give but do not wish to receive marketing communications, please text NHSHEROESNOINFO 3 / 5 / 10
I was here for eight weeks in the high dependency unit and the dedication of the staff here was second to none. I have nothing but admiration for all of them and I do wish them well in these very very hard times.” Terry Matthews
Thank you for everything you’re doing. If it wasn’t for you guys (the staff) I think the whole world would come to an end.” Natalie Dent