13 November 2020
We held a virtual Covid-19 event to discuss our coronavirus response appeal. The videos below break down each session.
- Jeneen Thomsen and Beth Hall, Interim Joint Directors for Southampton Hospitals Charity
They talk about the community support we have received since our coronavirus response appeal launched at the end of March 2020, and how we have spent the money to support our staff and patients.
- Joe Teape, Chief Operating Officer for University Hospital Southampton
He speaks about the hospital’s response during the first wave, the lessons learnt, and the preparations for wave two of the pandemic.
- Professor Saul Faust, Professor of Paediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases; Clinical Director of Wessex NIHR Clinical Research Network; Director of NIHR Southampton Clinical Research Facility
He talks about delivering the Covid-19 vaccine trials, how the vaccines work, and much more.
- Laszlo Penzes, Covid-19 patient
Laszlo is a staff nurse in our Emergency Department in University Hospital Southampton. Listen to his powerful story about his time in intensive care and recovery following contracting coronavirus.
- Question and answer session
Our attendees were encouraged to submit questions prior to the event, and these were then answered in a live panel discussion by the above speakers.
All information was accurate at the time of recording on 12.11.2020. For the latest Coronavirus advice, click here.