28 November 2019
Thank you for your interest in supporting University Hospital Southampton this Christmas.
- Call us on 023 8120 8881 to make a donation by card.
- Write a cheque made payable to “Southampton Hospital Charity” and post this to: Southampton Hospital Charity, Mailpoint 135, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, SO16 6YD.
- Send a bank transfer. Please email us at Charity@uhs.nhs.uk or call 023 8120 8881 to ask for the bank transfer details. We will also provide you with a reference.
Gift ideas for teenage patients (up to 18 years old):
- Card games: Uno
- Board games: Frustration, Taboo, Connect 4, Boggle, Rummikub etc.
- Computer games: PS4 and XBoxOne and controllers.
- Arts and craft activities: Colouring books, puzzle/activity books, jewellery making kits, nail art sets etc.
- Construction Kits: Lego sets (around £5).
- Small stocking fillers.
- Themed items such as Harry Potter, Marvel/DC Comic merchandise, Winnie the Pooh, and Disney are always popular.
- We ask that all gifts are received into the hospital by Friday 13 December 2019. All gifts will be checked, wrapped and distributed around the hospital for our medical staff to give to patients on Christmas Day.
- Please do not wrap the gifts. All wrapped gifts will have to be unwrapped so that we can match your gift to an appropriate patient. We will however gratefully accept wrapping paper and sellotape for our volunteers and staff to wrap the presents.
- Please keep the cost of each gift under £10 where possible. It is preferable to give patients multiple smaller gifts rather than one large gift.
- It won’t be possible to donate gifts directly to specific patients.
- We cannot take any second hand or used items.
- Unfortunately we are unable to pay for the cost of collecting your gifts or delivering them to the hospital.