20 May 2021
In a busy hospital like ours, there are always more stories of kindness and compassion than we could ever hope to tell.
So many lives are touched each day by the kindness of strangers, and you – our wonderful supporters – are part of the ongoing story of care that unfolds each day.
I am privileged to be able to share with you the summer edition of Charity Matters, and the difference that your community spirit is making.
Beth Hall, Director
Read more in this edition about:
- The auction of Banksy’s Game Changer artwork
- The new package of psychological support being offered to our intensive care staff
- How garden spaces will provide a lasting legacy for our NHS heroes
- Patient Story: In 2019 Phil had a heart attack and an unexpected stay in hospital. He shares his story and why he chose to set up a Direct Debit to support his local hospital
- Work has begun to refurbish two playrooms in Southampton Children’s Hospital
- Staff story: Meet consultant Dr Rodney Gilbert who is going the extra mile for his patients, ultra-marathon style!
- Reducing anxiety for new parents on our neonatal intensive care unit
- A new service for bladder cancer patients
- How you’ve made home texting for sleep disorders possible
- And a shout out to Tanya for her inspirational and courageous fundraising